Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Nice quote

Sorry to disappear for a while. No excuse. Just lazy. And well I was doing that whole exam thing.

I just came across this beautiful post from the White House via a tip at Crooks and Liars. It is a Bush speech from 2004. Here is the relevant section:

Secondly, there are such things as roving wiretaps. Now, by the way, any time you hear the United States government talking about wiretap, it requires -- a wiretap requires a court order. Nothing has changed, by the way. When we're talking about chasing down terrorists, we're talking about getting a court order before we do so. It's important for our fellow citizens to understand, when you think Patriot Act, constitutional guarantees are in place when it comes to doing what is necessary to protect our homeland, because we value the Constitution.

And here is the link to the whole 2004 Bush speech.

UPDATE: Clip here http://www.canofun.com/blog/videos/BushApril202004notaking.wmv, which pretty much sums it up.
I don't need to add anything.

2 comments:

sr said...

So I have been waiting to hear your review of the Narnia movie-
we saw it last weekend. I am not not familiar w the books, but I thought they did a good job w the movie. It was certainly beautiful to watch.

pacatrue said...

Hey, sr,

Well, I haven't seen it yet still. My plans are to see it this afternoon or tomorrow, so I will report back after then.