Friday, February 03, 2006

Irony defined (Llama)

So you know these muslims that are upset over the cartoon depicting the prophet Mohammed? And you know that one of the cartoons shows the prophet with a turban shaped like a bomb... Well, apparently these Muslims are so upset over this that they are threatening to lob mortars at miscellaneous EU buildings.

I'd like to think that if the Boston Globe ran a cartoon of Jesus in the cockpit of an F-18 launching missles at Mecca that the American public would be smart enough to understand the political point being made... but I'm not sure about that. After all we are the ones that protested Scorsese's "Passion of the Christ" because it dared to suggest that Christ had sex with Mary Magdeline.

P.S. Paca, your memory astounds me.

2 comments:

pacatrue said...

Not that impressive. I happen to remember music and ummm not much else. Also, I've been carrying that number in my head for years. Everytime someone rings up my lunch and it's 319, the song goes in my head. However, at this point, it's pretty much just: 319 dum, dum dum, dum dum, 319.

I'm suddenly Jonesing for some Endorphin Machine. Too bad I don't have the CD.

-E said...

why would anyone bother to boycott a movie that was so boring?
now, dogma, there is a movie that earned a protest. there was an incident in which we were watching dogma and my m-i-l freaked out. we made her sit down and actually watch the movie and conceed that most of what she had "heard" about the movie was not true.