Tuesday, February 28, 2006

True Neutral Human Barbarian

Well, as someone who played D&D a lot when I was 10, I had to take the quiz, copying Jill over at Yellow Snapdragons. Turns out I'm Mr. Dont Take Sides:

Alignment:
True Neutral characters are very rare. They believe that balance is the most important thing, and will not side with any other force. They will do whatever is necessary to preserve that balance, even if it means switching allegiances suddenly.

Race:
Humans are the 'average' race. They have the shortest life spans, and because of this, they tend to avoid the racial prejudices that other races are known for. They are also very curious and tend to live 'for the moment'.

Primary Class:
Barbarians live outside the 'civilized' They have tribal goverments, and are often nomads. What they may lack in refinement is balanced by there strength of individual character and ability to survive.

The main problem here is that when I was playing, I almost always played the Chaotic Good Human Fighter-Magic User, Marvo the Magician, God of Death and Magic, with my wife Rneigh (my 10 year old spelling, hee hee!) and Cindy, Goddess of Water. All I remember about Cindy was that I thought she was ultimately cool because she could turn any enemy's blood to ice, killing them instantly. For some reason, no Dungeon Masters, read my brother, would let me use this power frequently. It was wonderful until my brother and friend conspired to kill me off when I returned from summer camp in central Texas. Such betrayal! Such dastardly behavior! It is that which has turned me into the shattered bitter wreck of a man I am today.

But Cindy, the Goddess of Water, shall return upon her War Tiger. Oh yes.

2 comments:

kristybox said...

I really hope that when Alan reads this, he'll take note that you played when you were 10, rather than 31.

pacatrue said...

It has been several years since I did a role-playing game. I think sometime in college visiting the llama perhaps was the last attempt? But, I freely confess that it was still enjoyable, and if Alan invited me over for a game in BR, I might show up. But I promise not to bring Marvo the Magician, greater deity of the Standish Mythos, with me. I think that was a 10 year old thing.