Wednesday, May 17, 2006

My meme (Llama)

I'm putting this in a new post so that those who are interested won't miss it buried down in the comments somewhere.

MY MEME

Accent: Middle America. Most people I've met are suprised to learn I come from Louisana. I think the only things I say that give me away are "ya'll", which is actually fairly mainstream these days, and "fixin' to", which isn't. I never consciously avoided an accent, so I don't know how I ended up this way.

Booze: Yes, please. Just not too much... I don't handle copious quantities very well.

Chore I Hate: Laundry.

Dog or Cat: Dog. I'm allergic to cats.

Essential Electronics: Cell phone. Or, as they say here in Thailand, "mobile". It's my only phone.

Favorite Cologne: Uhm... I think I have something by Ralph Lauren. It's in a blue bottle...

Gold or Silver: Silver.

Hometown: the 'Boro

Insomnia: Yeah... fairly freqently these days. But I can usually get to sleep by 2:00.

Job Title: My business card reads "TASC Fellow"

Kids: Just me

Living Arrangements: Apartments all my life. Currently in a 1BR, 1LR/Kitchenette combo, with hot water only in the shower.

Most Admirable Traits: Got me.

Number of States Lived In: Let's see... Just 3, I think: Louisiana, Tennessee, and New York

Overnight Hospital Stays: None recently, for sure. I was in a car accident at 15 that banged me up, I may have stayed in the hospital then. And I got really sick one time and they hospitalized me and then made me sicker by giving me some medicine I was allergic to. I think that was an overnight visit. And maybe when my arm was fractured in three places back when I was a kid.

Phobias: I don't think I have anything that qualifies as a phobia, but I'd rather not go into water where you can't see what's below the surface. And heights make me queasy.

Quote: Don't have the exact quote, but here's a paraphrase of Terry Gilliam. "Once I was walking down the beach, and quite enjoying myself, and I came to realize that I didn't know if I was genuinely pleased at the sound, sights, and smells of the sea or if I had been programmed to think this was pleasurable by the media. That's when I knew I had to get out of there."

Religion: Highly skeptical.

Siblings: 2 older sisters, Shannon and Paige.

Time I Wake Up: Between 7:00 and 9:00 (See question "B")

Unusual Talent or Skill: Tethering balloons to myself. Oh, and expanding. I am ever expanding.

Vegetable I Love: Sweet potatoes. Stewed tomatoes. Fresh green beans.

Worst Habit: Computer games. Ok, that's not really my worst habit, but it's the worst to which I'll publicly admit.

X-rays: Huh? No. My superpower is that I'm impervious to mosquitos.

Yummy Foods I Make: I have, in the past, been known for my bread pudding. In the past :)

Zodiac Sign: Aries & Ox (Chinese)

1 comment:

pc said...

What about Arizona...where you were born?