Monday, June 26, 2006

Bonne anniversaire

That's actually how you wish someone happy birthday, but it's good enough. So last Wedneday, the 21st, the summer solstice, was N and my 8th wedding anniversary. I had intended it to be some alone time for the two of us as the celebration. N likes the Japanese steak houses, so we were going to splurge and go there. Unfortunately, baby sitting never got arranged, so that didn't happen. But I believe we did have a nice anniversary regardless. I shipped some flowers to N's work for her. Somehow it always seems nicer to get flowers at work than just to have them on the table at home. N got a collection of fancy cheeses for me - a Gouda, a fancy Irish cheddar, and a French creamy blue, which I am going to call Lefebure even though I know that's wrong. I would go check the name, but sorry, it's already been eaten. Then we headed as a family to Dave and Buster's which is a chain that's sort of a bar and grill with an arcade on another level. It's basically an adult Chuck E. Cheese's. We had a fine time.

The next day a package showed up on our doorstep from N's mom and stepdad. It was a DVD they had made of our wedding back 8 years ago. I think it's just been sitting there all this time. However, they tacked on a pic of little B at the very end. If that was just a random idea or if it was added to insinuate that B is the result of all the festivities we had just watched I don't know. Either way, it was nice to see the video. So, yeah, 8 years. And 8 years of dating before that. We're getting old.

3 comments:

Simeon Wildman said...

Happy anniversary! I had no idea, until Tony clued me into your blog. Congratulations. And 33 is not old, damn it! Especially considering I turn 33 next month. :(

So do I understand you're in Bangkok still? I'm actually starting a round-the-world trip next...week (eek! still so much to do!), and my first international stop is Bangkok. I get in July 13, and will stay until I get bored and move on. Any chance I can get a list of things you think are worth seeing/doing, and any suggestions on particularly good places to eat? I would appreciate it. My e-mail is simeonwildman at hotmail. I'd love to hear how things are going with you.

pacatrue said...

Hi, Simeon. First, nice to meet you. Second, you are in the right place, but you have the wrong guy. This is a two person blog. Me under the name paca, and the guy you are looking for under the name llama. The llama hasn't been in in a couple weeks, so you might want to email him to get a response in a quick timeframe. If Tony doesn't have his email, then go to my profile and send an email to the address listed there. I can give you his address there.

kristybox said...

Yep, Sim, the great Uncle is still unattached.