Monday, June 05, 2006

Rolling Stone article about 2004 Election (Llama)

In case you haven't seen it yet... it's worth the read. It relies on first hand accounts and staggering statistical improbabilities to make the case.

Rolling Stone : Was the 2004 Election Stolen?

IMO, there's not much a Kerry presidency would have done differently in Iraq over the last 2 years, and I doubt he would have had the ability to move Congress much to the left on domestic affairs. So the idea of election fraud doens't fill me with anger over "being robbed." It does, however, make me dispair at the continuing deterioration of our democracy.

I remember my father telling me that the US was the greatest country on Earth. I agreed with him then, and for many years afterwards. I can now see problems, though, that I couldn't before. There is greatness there, no doubt, but my faith has been replaced by a much more critical perspective.

1 comment:

Sammy Jankis said...

That is truly a sad commentary on the state our country is currently in. I find it downright depressing that nobody really seems to care, even after evidence of wrongdoing and lying by our leaders continues to surface every day.

I would, however, be interested in a similar investigative piece that looks into whether the same sort of thing happened in democratic strongholds or whether it is largely confined to the GOP.