Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Efficient paca time (paca)

I am a pretty hard worker, but I'm not a terribly efficient one. I've always wanted to be a "work hard, play hard" kind of guy, but I'm actually a "work slowly for many hours with periodic time wasting breaks since I'm working so long" kind of guy. Usually I make up for my inabilities to manage my time my working incessant hours. Evidenced here as I am in the office at 12:22 AM writing this and I have a little more work to do before I go home. I could be doing that work; instead I am blogging about inefficiency. However, I'm going to have to be better than that for the next few days as N is about to disappear. She checks into her hotel 1.5 miles down the street from me on Wednesday to staff her big annual conference. B and I don't see her again until Sunday during which she will sleep and recover anyway. So no more going back in to school at 10:00 to make up for the goofing off earlier in the day.

I will also miss my wife as well.

I guess B and I could hang out at the strip clubs like we normally do when it's N's free night, but the dancers all concentrate on B as the cute one anyway, so what's the point?

Note 1: I've never actually been to a strip club. I assume B would have a hard time getting in, but I think it is accurate that the strippers would find him cute - and me rather skanky for bringing a child there.

Note 2: N's free night is not the only night she is free. It's not like she takes care of B 6 nights a week and me one. Instead, there are 5 "both parents at home" nights; 1 paca night; and 1 N night. N also does take are of B by herself during the day on Sunday. But I usually have B from 5:00 - 6:00 each week night and now I take care of him for 2-3 hours more when N is at her ceramics class on Saturday. So I don't feel too bad.

Note 3: If you are justifying everything with long notes, then maybe you should just delete the original.

Note 4: I should be working.

Note 5: There is no note 5.

Note 6: Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.

Note 7: In fact, those who do expect, alright, forget it. Cardinal, read the charges.

Note 8:

Woman 1: Morning!
Waitress: Morning!!
Man 1: What've you got?
Waitress: Well, there's egg and bacon, spam, egg sausage and bacon, spam spam egg sausage and spam, spam bacon egg tomato and spam, spam spam spam spam spam baked beans spam and spam.
Woman 1: Have you got anything without spam?
Waitress: Well, there's spam egg bacon and spam.
Woman 1: That's got spam in it.
Man 1: Well, it's not got as much spam as spam egg spam sausage and spam, has it?
Woman 1: I don't like spam!
Main 1: Well, I'll have yours then. I love it! I'm having spam spam spam spam spam baked bean spam and spam.
Vikings (singing): Lovely spam, wonderful spam! spam spam spam lovely spam, wonderful spam!

Note 9: I used to know that all by heart; now I'm giving the expurgated version - the one with out the robin.
The one without the robin?!! They've all got the robin! It's a standard British Bird!
Well, I don't like them... they wet their nests.

Note 10: See Note 4.

Note 11: See Note 5.

Note 12: Feel free to insert your own random in-joke that only two other will get in the comments.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you make me smile and i love you!

court

Blogger said...

I have just installed iStripper, and now I can watch the best virtual strippers strip-tease on my taskbar.