Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Quick hits 85 (paca)

1) I remember watch David Blaine's first magic special on ABC a few years back. This was when he was just getting big and he did card tricks more than freezing himself in a block of ice. The most amazing trick to me seemed to be when he would walk up to someone and ask them to choose a number between 1 and 100. Then he would guess the number "37". Wow! I thought. How does he do it? It turns out that for whatever reasons people just choose certain numbers a lot, especially "37". Then the magic of TV is that you just show the time he gets it right and leave out the rest.

2) Rebel paca. A few days ago I received a letter in the mail that said prominently on the front envelope, "Do Not Bend." It was credit card junk mail addressed to an occupant of this apartment of a few years ago. I immediately bent the letter in half and squished it. I then threw it away so I will never know what havoc I created.

3) I've been called up for Jury Duty. I was supposed to report today (Tuesday), but Hawaii has a phone number set up that you call the night before to find out if your group has really been delayed. Turns out my pool, as well as pools J and K, are now supposed to report on Thursday. Of course, we then call again Wednesday night to find out if we are really supposed to go. It seems like a process designed to cause maximum disruption in one's personal life. But what do I know? I should not complain. At least, they give a phone number to call.

4) Self-defeating paca. I redid the low carb thing for the last two weeks. I wasn't perfect but there is no denying that not a single side dish of carbs passed these lips for two weeks straight. Monday morning I woke up and got on the scale to discover I had not lost a single pound. Therefore for lunch on Monday I was hungry and ordered the regular loco moco. Not the mini, mind you, but the regular. Two scoops of rice, one scoop of macaroni salad, topped with two hamburger patties, two fried eggs, and covered in brown gravy. That'll teach my body not to lose weight when I eat properly!

1 comment:

kristybox said...

I fully appreciate your dieting strategy.