Sunday, May 13, 2007

Tagged!! (paca)

Blame Writtenwyrrd for this one. I've been Tagged!

Here are the rules:
1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

I may not follow those rules exactly, but I'll do the eight things at least.

1. Cookies are quite nice. Cookie dough is nicer.
2. There was a time in 1997 or so when I was working in Tennessee and N had gone to get a masters degree in Seattle. We were basically "broken up" at this time, but after about a year I started going to visit again. There were two pivotal moments of a visit. First, we went grocery shopping together. Click. Second, I was carrying around adventure travel brochures. My favorite was the brochure from Nomadic Expeditions. I wanted to go trekking around Lake Hovsgol in Mongolia. When I read the one about helping on a dig for dinosaur bones in the Gobi Desert, N got the Look in her eyes. She wanted to go to. It wasn't just that she'd go with me to be supportive. She looked like she wanted to go for herself. The ring was just a matter of time after that. We still haven't been to Mongolia, but we do go grocery shopping regularly.
3. People seem to trust me when driving. On trips to Mt. Ranier and the Olympic peninsula, N and her mom snoozed away in the car as I drove. I hadn't had my license much more than a year and had never driven in the mountains until N and I drove from Minnesota to Seattle.
4. I have a borderline compulsive dislike of conflict. Dogs and cats fighting bothers me so much I have to leave the room.
5. One of the great old memories from childhood involved playing Killer with the llama and friends around the age of 10. Basically, it was a long and involved water gun fight that ranged all over town for an entire day. My equipment included a backpack full of grenade water balloons, a faux machine gun water gun in the hand, and two ordinary water pistols strapped to my legs.
6. I used to identify with Coke. I was so attached to the brand that in high school I even had a pseudo-nickname of Coke and was given a shirt with the word Coke across the back. There's a famous family picture which is me and my three best friends in high school posing in front of the limo after prom, me with a Coke can in my hand. I acted with Coke like a lot of teens act with music. Identity. I usually drink Diet Pepsi now. I just prefer it to Diet Coke. But if I find something else I like better, I'll switch. It's just a drink.
7. I have taken conga lessons, classical guitar lessons, jazz guitar lessons, piano lessons, drum lessons, folk guitar lessons, and I own 4 guitars, a bass, a set of congas, bongos, and timbales... a banjo, ukelele, MIDI keyboard, two microphones, wah wah pedal, and an effects board for the guitar. I pretty much can play about 3 songs all the way through.
8. I buy books for their potential effect upon me.


And the taggees are... all the writing / EE contacts have already done this. So I'll name a few people who I met through llama, but not all of them, so that they have someone to name. Let's go with Sammy Jenkis and -e. Throw in a katze and a J. And llama himself and my sister for good luck. That's only six, but I think the chain meme will survive. I, however, for not fulfilling my task will suddenly endure a host of bad luck. My dog will lose a leg. Bon Jovi will become popular again. People will decide that buffalo chicken everything was a dumb craze and it is now to be dropped like the amazing calamari at J. Alexander's was. And people will continue to take me up on all the offers of help that I give out.

1 comment:

Blogger said...

New Diet Taps into Innovative Idea to Help Dieters Get Rid Of 12-23 Pounds within Only 21 Days!