Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Stolen Meme (paca)

I grabbed this from GiftieEtc and -e.

1. Were you named after anyone? Nope. I'm all imagination, baby. (Mom, am I right?)
2. When was the last time you cried? What?! Me, a real man, cry? Yeah, right.... Hm. Sometimes with a dream. A movie can do it. The last exact memory of it is this Dolly Parton tune Down from Dover.
3. Do you like your handwriting? It's really, really bad. Pretty much illegible in cursive.
4. What is your favorite lunch meat? Ma-ma-ma-myyy bologna.
5. Do you have kids? one boy
6. If you were another person would you be friends with you? Probably not, because the original me doesn't go out much and so I wouldn't know him very well. Besides he'd use too much sarcasm in an attempt at humor. I'm starting to hate myself!
7. Do you use sarcasm a lot? Uh, nooooo.
8. Do you still have your tonsils? Yes.
9. Do you bungee jump? No thanks.
10. What is your favorite cereal? Let's go with Peanut Butter Capn Crunch.
11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Most of my shoes do not have laces, but I just saw my running shoes which are indeed tied.
12. Do you think you are strong? Compared to adult men?
13. What is your favorite ice cream? Used to be Pecans and Praline. I'm partial to chocolate with walnuts and cookie dough mix-ins.
14. What is the first thing you notice about people? Whether or not I'm about to run into them.
15. Red or pink? I guess red.
16. What is the least favorite thing about yourself? Not a big fan of not being a big fan of confrontation (particularly with large fans).
17. Who do you miss the most? My family's pretty cool.
18. Do you want everyone to send this back to you? I don't really get this question. Oh. Do I want them to do this form, too, and then let me know? Uhhh. I'd prefer a link to it on their own blog.
19. What color pants and shoes are you wearing? Hunter green shorts, no shoes, but they would be brown sandals.
20. What was the last thing you ate? The vegie mini plate from the Indian food stand across campus.
21. What are you listening to right now? Guys using a nail gun, redoing the floor outside my office.
22. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Burnt Sienna. No, Aquamarine. No, Mahogany!
23. Favorite smells? food...? Uh, flowers. Let me check my smell list. No, not boiled asparagus. Let's go with bread.
24. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? Very likely, N.
25. Do you like the person who sent this to you? No one sent it to me. I like to thrust myself into places I am unwanted. But I like both -e and K in their internet personae just fine.
26. Favorite sports to watch? Titans football.
27. Hair color? Brown/dirty blonde, but getting bits of gray.
28. Eye Color? Hazel
29. Do you wear contacts? No.
30. Favorite food? Chicken n dumplins.
31. Scary movies or happy endings? Happy endings.
32. Last movie you watched? Surfs Up. Gnarly penguiroonies, dude.
33. What color shirt are you wearing? Who says I'm wearing anything, baby? Rowr. Um, navy blue.
34. Summer or winter? Winter. Of course, in Hawaii, there's a 10 degree difference.
35. Hugs or kisses? Kisses.
36. Favorite dessert? Cheese cake.
37. Most likely to respond? Whoever gets in the mood.
38. Least likely to respond? Llama (aha! threw down the gauntlet; did I not?)
39. What book are you reading now? Rereading parts of Modes of Thought by Alfred North Whitehead (1937 philo).
40. What is on your mouse pad? no mouse pad.
41. What did you watch on T.V. last night? nada. right, N? B watched Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, so I saw some of it too.
42. Favorite sound? Erik Satie's Gymnopedie No. 1, I choose you.
43. Rolling Stones or Beatles? When you start me up, I often listen to the Beatles, and I never stop, never stop, never stop.
44. What is the farthest you have been from home? Jakarta, Indonesia.
45. Do you have a special talent? No.
46. Where were you born? Winnsboro, Louisiana
47. Whose answers are you looking forward to getting back? N.
48. What time is it now? 1:00 p.m.

7 comments:

Paca's N said...

1. Were you named after anyone? A song by Gilbert Becaud.
2. When was the last time you cried? Hmmm, a couple weeks ago.
3. Do you like your handwriting? It's ok.
4. What is your favorite lunch meat? Really really good roast beef. But it's hard to find good roast beef. Otherwise smoked ham.
5. Do you have kids? one boy
6. If you were another person would you be friends with you? Maybe, I think I'm a nice person, although rather shy.
7. Do you use sarcasm a lot? No
8. Do you still have your tonsils? Yes.
9. Do you bungee jump? No.
10. What is your favorite cereal? I've come to the conclusion I don't really like cereal, but Cinnamon Life is OK.
11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? No.
12. Do you think you are strong? Compared to Paca, No. Compared to little B, I'm superstrong.
13. What is your favorite ice cream? My absolute favorite is this Passion Fruit Italian Ice Cream from a little stand on the Ile St. Louis. Otherwise, Chunky Monkey.
14. What is the first thing you notice about people? If they look friendly.
15. Red or pink? Red?
16. What is the least favorite thing about yourself? I need more self-confidence.
17. Who do you miss the most? My maman.
18. Do you want everyone to send this back to you? No
19. What color pants and shoes are you wearing? Kaiki pants, black sandals.
20. What was the last thing you ate? 1/2 of a turkey bagel sandwich, peach yogurt, and a grapefruit Ize.
21. What are you listening to right now? Mike in the office next door talking about real estate. Seems neither of us are doing real work. 22. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Yellow-orange.
23. Favorite smells? tea, lemon, ripe peaches
24. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? Jay
25. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Paca asked for a response and he's ok. =) One of my favorites.
26. Favorite sports to watch? Ice skating, ski jumping, diving.
27. Hair color? Brown/dirty blonde.
28. Eye Color? greenish, bluish, grey
29. Do you wear contacts? No.
30. Favorite food? artichokes
31. Scary movies or happy endings? Happy endings.
32. Last movie you watched? Surfs Up.
33. What color shirt are you wearing? Hmmm, pink with tan, white and brown swirls. Looks better than it sounds.
34. Summer or winter? Winter.
35. Hugs or kisses? Hugs
36. Favorite dessert? Strawberry rhubard pie
37. Most likely to respond? noone
38. Least likely to respond? everyone
39. What book are you reading now? Messenger of Truth by Jacqueline Winspear. A mystery set after WWII.
40. What is on your mouse pad? MeetingsPro for Windows. I would change it out for my new turtle mousepad, but Paca coopted it. 41. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. 42. Favorite sound? B laughing.
43. Rolling Stones or Beatles? Beatles
44. What is the farthest you have been from home? Presov, Slovak Republic.
45. Do you have a special talent? Hmmm...I can draw any creature B asks for and it actually looks somewhat like its supposed to. I can make up little rhymes for B to sing on the spot and sometimes they make sense.
46. Where were you born? Forbach, France
47. Whose answers are you looking forward to getting back? Anyones
48. What time is it now? 4:42 p.m.

Llama said...

If the gauntlet fits...

1. Were you named after anyone? Yes. Both my first and last names are old family names. The most immediate relation for each is: "Thomas" from my maternal grandfather, and "Boyd" from my father and paternal grandfather.
2. When was the last time you cried? Last weekend, actually.
3. Do you like your handwriting? Writing? Is that like typing?
4. What is your favorite lunch meat? I haven't had lunch meat in years.
5. Do you have kids? Just me.
6. If you were another person would you be friends with you? Probably, though, like P and N, I'm rather shy as well.
7. Do you use sarcasm a lot? Not so much.
8. Do you still have your tonsils? Yes, unless the aliens took them.
9. Do you bungee jump? No. But not because I'm scared... because I'm cheap.
10. What is your favorite cereal? There's a cheap hotel near our office that sells a killer muesli and yogurt with fresh fruit.
11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Laces... again, these strange words confuse me.
12. Do you think you are strong? Uhmm... uhmm... uhm... I feel so emasculated...
13. What is your favorite ice cream? Since college it has been Chunky Monkey. But I have recently discovered the sinful pleasure that is New York Super Fudge Chunk.
14. What is the first thing you notice about people? How short everyone is.
15. Red or pink? Red.
16. What is the least favorite thing about yourself? I'm too lazy.
17. Who do you miss the most? My family. And I include Paca in that group.
18. Do you want everyone to send this back to you? n/a
19. What color pants and shoes are you wearing? Blue jeans, no shoes.
20. What was the last thing you ate? A fatouch salad and a chicken schwarma sandwich.
21. What are you listening to right now? The air conditioner. Some traffic outside...
22. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? What a silly question.
23. Favorite smells? That musty smell after it rains.
24. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? Mike, my boss, who was coming in late.
25. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Paca paca paca paca
26. Favorite sports to watch? Titans football.
27. Hair color? Dirty blond/brown/gray/transparent
28. Eye Color? Hazel
29. Do you wear contacts? No.
30. Favorite food? I can't pick just one. But Fresh Apple Cake is right up there.
31. Scary movies or happy endings? Are these two mutually exclusive?
32. Last movie you watched? Ocean's 13.
33. What color shirt are you wearing? White with green and red checks.
34. Summer or winter? Winter.
35. Hugs or kisses? Both, please.
36. Favorite dessert? We've already covered this. Come on, meme!
37. Most likely to respond? n/a
38. Least likely to respond? n/a
39. What book are you reading now? Mother Tongue by Bill Bryson
40. What is on your mouse pad? No mousepad
41. What did you watch on T.V. last night? Night Watch
42. Favorite sound? Waves crashing, perhaps? Why must we always rank things?
43. Rolling Stones or Beatles? Beatles
44. What is the farthest you have been from home? I'm pretty much there now. Australia might be farther. Anyone got a tape measure?
45. Do you have a special talent? I'm immune to mosquitoes.
46. Where were you born? Scottsdale, AZ.
47. Whose answers are you looking forward to getting back? n/a
48. What time is it now? 3:36 PM.

December/Stacia said...

I make great chicken and dumplings, I've never met anyone else who liked it as much as me!

And my husband's favorite cereal is Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch. Is that a man thing, like fried egg sandwiches?

pacatrue said...

Fried egg sandwiches, ewwww. That's a Brit thing. ;) I would never eat such odd things. I concentrate on everyday American foods like bangers and mash, a ploughmans sandwich, and of course that Southwestern delicacy, Blood Pudding.

Speaking a tad more seriously, Dec/Stac (ooh the deck is stacked, ba dum bump), do you have a recipe for the chicken and dumplings you care to share? The recipes I've found are all so-so. (Court's is pretty good as I remember, but I've lost it. Court, if you want to give me your recipe, too....)

In other news, this is cool. I didn't expect anyone to do this silly thing. Thanks, N and Llama. I had forgotten some of these things about each of you.

Mmm. Shwarma. Mmmm Italian ice on the Isle St. Louis. (I've actually had it with you once, N, if you remember. Been a few years though.)

Sammy Jankis said...

Hey, I like fried egg sandwiches, and I'm from LA. Of course, I haven't had one in . . . . hmmm, lemme count . . . . 17 or so years?

Llama, don't forget your true namesake, a certain novel by Harriet Beecher Stowe.

December/Stacia said...

I can share the recipe, sure. I posted the dumpling recipe on the overflow blog a while ago, if I recall, but I'll dig it up anyway and send it to you!

Ah yes, those classic American dishes...

Blogger said...

+$3,624 profit last week...

Get 5 Star verified winning picks on MLB, NHL, NBA & NFL + Anti-Vegas Smart Money Signals!